Wednesday, May 11, 2005

May 11, 2005

I haven't been posting the last few days due to my not being at work. Brooklyn was home sick so I was busy with her most of the time. She's better today and things are back to normal (where's some wood to knock on?). So it's the big weekend in the Kootenays - Silver City Days. All of the carnies are along the Esplanade setting up the rides. Yes, I think it is still the same Zipper I rode as a naive child. I'm so scared for anyone attempting to go on it this year. It's kind of cool now that the rides are set up along the riverside. The food vendors are set up along a side street instead of along the main drag. I think we'll take our students there for a field trip on Friday and talk a little bit about Italian heritage (to make it a little bit educational). The parade is Saturday and my kids can't wait to fill their bags with candy. These are the days I actually enjoy living in a small town. You get to see lots of people and it's just a fun thing to do. We'll be having people over on Saturday with their children since Bud has broken down and bought the girls a trampoline. I insisted on the netting, so I feel a little bit better about it. It's actually great fun for them and it gets them out playing in the yard more. Michaely is having a friend sleep over and I've got a girfriend coming from out of town (who actually is of Italian heritage). I'm sure I'll be busy. I know that I'll be busy cleaning tonight afterwork since we're expecting all of this company and I am having the carpets cleaned tomorrow afternoon. So, that's that. Sorry again to Wandering Coyote for the name reveal. I thought of it after I posted it. Oops.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, you're forgiven!

So, they don't put the rides up in the parking lot of the arena anymore? Good - too small! I had forgotten all about Silver City Days, just as I had Golden City Days. So where is this esplanade where the rides are now?

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home